Engaging Speakers & Unique Perspectives
We'll be announcing our 2018/19 Academic Year Masterclasses at our Conference. We'd love to see you there.
Innovative Approaches to Employability
When: 2nd February 2018, 10am - 4pm
Where: University of Liverpool in London - 33 Finsbury Square.
- Emmie Studencki, Business Services Consultant, Nottingham Trent University “NTU’s SME Strategy”.
- Hester Gartrell, Club Project Manager, ReachOut “Eat, Sleep, Lead, Repeat: Opportunities for personal development that fit around life commitments”.
- Dr Alan Richards, Innovation Lead and Certified facilitator of LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method and materials, and Oliver Wood, Innovation and Community Producer, Disruptive Media Learning Lab, Coventry University “Building Employability through LEGO”.
We've written a report of the day:
Alternative Placements – Work-based Learning with a difference
When: 5th July, 10-3pm,
Where: City, University of London
We are thoroughly looking forward to the next masterclass with the theme of ‘alternative placements’, which focuses on delivering work based learning in non-traditional and innovative ways. We have an excellent line up of speakers sharing their experiences and discussing the pros and cons of the different modes of delivery.
Find below a list of speakers:
· Micro placements; helping law students increase their employability through shorter placements in industry - Gemma Kenyon, Head of Careers, City, University of London
· 'The Self Employed Placement' making it work at the University of Portsmouth and the journey in engaging our humanities and social science students' - Alice Hooley, Student Placements Manager, and Lynda Povey, Enterprise Manager NEST, University of Portsmouth
· Exploring the Professional Pathway Scheme – insights into City’s unique 3 year embedded placement schemes - Kaveh Mir-Tahmasebi – PSI Executive Coaching
· Delivering Employability through student constancy projects, working with students for mutual benefit – Alister Simpson and Olesha Klevnaya, Regents University London
I hope you are able to join us and we look forward to seeing you on the 5th July for what will be a very interesting session. Last signup for the masterclass is 4pm Friday 30th June