Building the Graduate of the Future
16th and 17th May, The Grosvenor Hotel, Victoria
This year's conference, Building the Graduate of the Future, will once again bring together best practice from across the world of placements and a range of insights from fantastic placement employers.
We'll be in London on May 16th (9am-4-pm) and 17th (9.30am-4.40pm), at the Grosvenor Hotel.
The PlaceNet Trustees are currently finalising the speakers for the event and we will be updating the schedule soon, but to whet your appetite, we'll be hearing from:
- Dr Graeme Atherton, Director, NEON
- Dr Zoetanya Sujon, Senior Lecturer in Media Theory, Regent's University London
- Laura Ingham, Accessing Talent Consultant, Kingston University
- Jane Clark, Director, GradConsult Ltd
We also have a range of TED style talks -taking place on Day 1 promoting ideas worth sharing!
- “A framework of support for all. Possibility not impossibility.” – Sanchia Jones, Undergraduate Placements Officer, and Kirsten Brown, Postgraduate Partnerships Manager, University of Bath
- “Developing A Placement Mindset” – Heather Doyle, Placements Manager and David Stanbury, Director of Employability, University of Essex
- “Engaging Employers through Diversity” – Laura Ingham, Accessing Talent Consultant and Paul Clatworthy, Talent Acquisition Consultant, Kingston University
- “Micro-Placements: Narrowing the employability gap through short-term, work-based learning projects” – Wendy Browne, Senior Employer Engagement Adviser, City, University of London
Following the popularity of the format in previous years, day one will be lead by universities and day two will be lead by employers and the fantastic folk at RateMyPlacement.
We hope that your institutions will be able to support your attendance to our conference. Please remember that by sending just 1 person from your institution to the full conference, your whole institution automatically becomes members of PlaceNet for one year from May 2018 to May 2019.
*STOP PRESS* ACCOMMODATION IS NOW SOLD OUT, PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU REQUIRE ACCOMMODATION AS WE WILL NEED TO BOOK EXTRA ROOMS WITH THE HOTEL! *STOP PRESS*
- Full Conference including accommodation at the Grovesnor on Wednesday night and 3 course dinner on Wednesday evening (early bird price, before 6th April 2018): £395
- Full Conference including accommodation at the Grovesnor on Wednesday night and 3 course dinner on Wednesday evening (after 6th April 2018): £425
- Full Conference excluding accommodation: £330
- 1 Day Delegate rate excluding accommodation: £195
- Extra overnight stay per night: £199
Remember that membership is automatically included within the delegate rate! By signing up at least one person to the conference, your whole institution will become members for one year (May 2018 to May 2019) which includes spaces to attended our masterclass for free for as many members from your institution.
Sponsoring the Conference
If you are interested in sponsoring the conference then please get in touch with the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you prefer for us to invoice you or your company instead? Complete the booking form below and we'll be in touch!
The Power of Placements, 17-18th May
2017's conference once again brought together best practice from across the world of placements and a range of insights from fantastic placement employers.
There were keynote presentations from Paul Redmond (University of Manchester). Dr. Charlie Ball (Graduate Prospects) and Helen Alkin (Future Talent Manager, Marks and Spencer) headlining an impressive line-up of award-winning placement practitioners and undergraduate employers.
17th May - University Insight Day (Registration and networking from 9:45am)
The importance of early engagement - Paul Redmond, Director of Student Life, University of Manchester
Creating a snowball effect through employer engagement- Ann Cooper, Head of Placements & Work Experience, University of Southampton (Winner Outstanding Contribution to Work Experience 2017 at the NUE Awards)
Delivering placements to scale: home and abroad - Carolina Salinas, Head of Placements, Aston University
Applying nudge theory to placements – Kimberley Harris, Internships Development Manager, University of Warwick
Our story- Andrew Stainton, Student Placements Manager, University of Huddersfield, Business School Placement Unit (Winners of Best Placement Service in the UK 2017 at the NUE Awards)
Allies and influence: Gaining power and credibility across the institution - Adele Browne, Senior Placement Manager – De Montfort University
Developing employability initiatives to build the aspirations of widening participation students - Tonia Galati, Talent Development and Employability Manager, Kingston University
18th May - Employer Insight Day (AGM at 9:30am, conference Day 2 starts at 10:30am) Hosted by Rate My Placement
Dr. Charlie Ball - Head of HE Intelligence - Graduate Prospects
Rate My Placement - 'Student Attitudes towards Work Experience'. Lizzie Brock (Head of Marketing) and Amirah Hajat (Marketing Coordinator)
The conference took place at the wonderful Crowne Plaza Hotel in central Manchester and also hosted sponsored drinks and a conference dinner at the fantastic Botanist Restaurant.