Building the Graduate of the Future
16th and 17th May, The Grosvenor Hotel, Victoria
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME AND MADE OUR CONFERENCE A SUCCESS!
A REVIEW OF THE 2018 CONFERENCE WILL BE ONLINE SOON.
WATCH THIS SPACE!
This year's conference, Building the Graduate of the Future, will once again bring together best practice from across the world of placements and a range of insights from fantastic placement employers.
We'll be in London on May 16th (9am-4-pm) and 17th (9.30am-4.40pm), at the Grosvenor Hotel.
The PlaceNet Trustees are currently finalising the speakers for the event and we will be updating the schedule soon, but to whet your appetite, we'll be hearing from:
- Dr Graeme Atherton, Director, NEON
- Dr Zoetanya Sujon, Senior Lecturer in Media Theory, Regent's University London
- Laura Ingham, Accessing Talent Consultant, Kingston University
- Jane Clark, Director, GradConsult Ltd
We also have a range of TED style talks -taking place on Day 1 promoting ideas worth sharing!
- “A framework of support for all. Possibility not impossibility.” – Sanchia Jones, Undergraduate Placements Officer, and Kirsten Brown, Postgraduate Partnerships Manager, University of Bath
- “Developing A Placement Mindset” – Heather Doyle, Placements Manager and David Stanbury, Director of Employability, University of Essex
- “Engaging Employers through Diversity” – Laura Ingham, Accessing Talent Consultant and Paul Clatworthy, Talent Acquisition Consultant, Kingston University
- “Micro-Placements: Narrowing the employability gap through short-term, work-based learning projects” – Wendy Browne, Senior Employer Engagement Adviser, City, University of London
Following the popularity of the format in previous years, day one will be lead by universities and day two will be lead by employers and the fantastic folk at RateMyPlacement.
We hope that your institutions will be able to support your attendance to our conference. Please remember that by sending just 1 person from your institution to the full conference, your whole institution automatically becomes members of PlaceNet for one year from May 2018 to May 2019.
*STOP PRESS* ACCOMMODATION IS NOW SOLD OUT, PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU REQUIRE ACCOMMODATION AS WE WILL NEED TO BOOK EXTRA ROOMS WITH THE HOTEL! *STOP PRESS*
- Full Conference including accommodation at the Grovesnor on Wednesday night and 3 course dinner on Wednesday evening (early bird price, before 6th April 2018): £395
- Full Conference including accommodation at the Grovesnor on Wednesday night and 3 course dinner on Wednesday evening (after 6th April 2018): £425
- Full Conference excluding accommodation: £330
- 1 Day Delegate rate excluding accommodation: £195
- Extra overnight stay per night: £199
Remember that membership is automatically included within the delegate rate! By signing up at least one person to the conference, your whole institution will become members for one year (May 2018 to May 2019) which includes spaces to attended our masterclass for free for as many members from your institution.
Sponsoring the Conference
If you are interested in sponsoring the conference then please get in touch with the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org