PlaceNet: Disrupt, Celebrating Innovation in Work-Based Learning
Mercure, The Grand Hotel, Leicester, 15-16 May 2019, 10am-4pm
The PlaceNet Annual Conference 2019 will be celebrating the best in new and alternative ways of looking at placements.
This year we will be meeting the teams and individuals who have spotted opportunities to build something different, something unconventional, true innovations at the forefront of delivering placements; the Placement Disruptors.
This conference will leap into the future world of work and back again. There will be keynotes, workshops and lots of networking opportunities to help you meet other placement professionals.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. If you or your organisation are interested in getting your message out to placement professionals from across the UK, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day 1 - May 15th
• “UAL Talent Works: Pro-bono Placements for our Community” - Matt Guy, Partnerships Manager, Business and Innovation, University of the Arts London
• “How to build businesses at your institution for placement students” - Professor Elizabeth Smart, Head of Law and Director of SHU Law Ltd , Sheffield Hallam University
• “Leading with Humour” Using Comedy Improvisation techniques to help get your students to stand-up - Sarah Rourke, Careers Consultant Henley Careers, Henley Business School
• “How influencing theory can be applied to the employability agenda” Mike Grey, Head of University Partnerships, Gradconsult
Day 2 - May 16th
• “The disruptive nature of when the more things change, the more they stay the same. Looking back on the last 20 years of graduate and placement recruitment” - Tristram Hooley, Chief Research Officer, Institute of Student Employers
• “The fight against unpaid internships” - Oliver Sidwell, Director, RMP Enterprise
…Or complete the information below and we’ll invoice you.
Building the Graduate of the Future
16th and 17th May, The Grosvenor Hotel, Victoria
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME AND MADE OUR CONFERENCE A SUCCESS!
"I enjoyed the positive camaraderie and atmosphere between all the delegates" Durham University
"I've always enjoy the conference and found it really useful" University of Warwick
"What did I loved most about the conference was meeting like minded people who love placements!" Oxford Brookes